It was noted that EIA clearance is must for proceeding to start project work . Therefore it is relevant to note the applicable rules and law in India based on which stipulation of clearing EIA is stood.
- Air ( Prevention and control of Pollution) ACT 1981 amended 1987.
- Water ( Prevention and control of Pollution) Act 1974 amended 1988.
- Water ( Prevention and control of Pollution) Rules 1975.
- The Enviorment Protection act 1986 amended 1991
- The Envoirment Protection Rules 1986 amended 1991 , 2001 , 2002(3) ,2004.
- The Hazardous wastes (management & handling ) rules 1989 and amended 2000 , 2003.
- Manufacture ,storage, import of hazardous chemicals rules 2000 ,amended 2000.
- Chemical Accidents ( Emergency Planning , Preparedness and Response) Rules ,1996
- EIA Notification 2006.
- Batteries (Management and Handling ) Rules, 2001.
- Public Liability , Insurance Act ,1991, amended 1992.
- Public Liability , Insurance Rules ,1991, amended 1993.
- Factories Act ,1948
- The Petroleum Act 1934
- The Petroleum Rules 2002
- The explosive Act 1884
- The explosive Rules 1983
- The gas Cylinder Rules 2004
- The static and Mobile Pressure Vessels ( unfired Rules 1981).
- The motor Vehicle Act 1988
- The central motor vehicle rules 1989
- The Mines Act 1952.
All the acts and Rules mentioned above are applicable in the studies in part ( section wise , ) or whole
as the case may be. The above acts and rules are mentioned applicable for GOI and we understand
such rules and acts or equivalent thereof exits for other Govt also.